Re: Thunderstone Slingers

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:33:41 -0000

> Close enough to an epiphany for me! I really like that take on
it.
> So you could not dodge a thunderstone feat--it will hit you. But
you
> can try to tough it out, take it on your shielf, or even use your
> dodge to take it in a less important part of your anatomy
(although
> that last thought brings visions of Storm Bulls "heading" thunder
> stones.....)

No, I think you were right before. The problem is that it costs 30 points theoretically to get the affinity up to 7M. If you spend 30 points on spear and shield for example, 7M2 - even with an improv penalty of 20 its still evens.

My point is that say the Dara Happan has Initiate Yelm of 1M, then give him an improv of -3 or a raw affinity as a defence and add the armour augments and anything else *tough* like to add to it. The Hedkoranthi &m adds his sling skill as an augment, maybe strong, any weapon augs that kind of thing.

Its all just a way of astracting an encounter in my book. Of course I must say again that I am changing from narrator to player and I want to play a Hedkoranthi, but the way I narrate them. Ho hum!

Regards
Rob