RE: Pol Joni worship of Waha

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:48:17 +0000

Completely non-canon I'm sure but I've always thought of the Pol Joni being the other way around and (misapplied) worshipping Orlanth as the "Little Brother" spirit along with Humakt as "Iron Man" etc - details of that one are in MoLaD. To me it makes them very different to ordinary Sartari Orlanthi and given Prax is more of an animist than theist place seems to fit more to me.

In my campaign the Pol Joni of Barbarian Town have a major ceremony every year to re-assert Little Brother's dominance over Storm Bull using the myth from ToTRM (can't remember which issue). It also means they have a way of continuing to worship Orlanth despite the Lunar ban. "What do you mean temple to Orlanth - this is a shrine to Little Brother."

YGW (of course) V

On a related note - Urox is proscribed after Starbrow's revolt as well isn't he. Does that mean Praxian worship of Storm Bull is also (theoretically) illegal??

mike
8-)

Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now! http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/