Pol Joni worship of Waha

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:44:16 -0000

>From the previous discussions I have concluded that for my purposes
at least the Pol Joni require their own cultural keyword that includes the Storm Pantheon (applied in their own unique way) as their normal magic.

Continuing in my attempts[1] to overturn a bare minimum of the published 'facts' about the Pol Joni this leaves me trying to account for the portion of the tribe recorded[2] as worshipping Waha.

I think the best solution for this may be misapplied worship of Waha as a common magic religion. This allows converts and other tribe members to still worship Waha yet the magic they gain from this is limited to the list of survival tricks (plus maybe an additional odd scrap of common magic). In effect the Pol Joni tribe is happy to tolerate worship of Waha as a hero who taught everyone how to survive in the blasted lands of Prax and the Wastelands. It does not regard (or tolerate) his cult as being one that usurps Orlanth's role in establishing the way of life and leadership of the clans.

As this is acting as a common magic religion, teaching only common magic feats, can anyone suggest any game mechanical effects there may be to the fact that the worship is essentially misapplied?

[1] Partly to avoid possible conflicts with other published material, partly because it acts as a source of ideas. [2] As found in Cults of Prax and Drastic: Prax.

--
Nic