RE: Re: Travel distance per day?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:50:59 -0000

> > Oh, _in_ Glorantha of course the leagues would vary, just as most
> > units of measurement did on earth (even those with the same
> name). But
> > in game terms you can give its references and fix it.
>
> Yep. "How far is it?" "'bout four hours walk..."

Yes, yes, but...

The DP map is (supposedly) accurate. And we have it, and it has a scale.

So, a messenger arrives in Whitewall having flogged his horse to death, bearing important news from Boldhome (they're sending the Bat! Run!).

So do you say "and he did it in an impressively short time"?

No. You say "and he did it in only two days, riding day and night!"

Or three. Or one. But you need that number! Apart from anything else, you need to know if the Lunar messenger going the other way met the Moonboat and sent it on a intercept mission. And if it all started off on a night of the full moon, and you want to do the next bit of Plot on a dark moon, do you have time for the messenger to come back and join in? Or not?