Presents from a shaman

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:07:35 -0000

Still trying to get to grips wth animism.

Can a shaman make a charm or a fetish for someone who is *not* a member of their tradition or practise?

(Yes, I can see all the social reasons why this would be unusual -
take that as read, and dealt with)

The rules (p137) say "once a spirit is bound in a charm it can be used by any member of the tradition or practise, as appropriate" - does that "as appropriate" mean that this is the norm and exceptions can occur?

After all, common magic can be feats, talents, charms, whatever. That implies that charms that are common magic can be used by anyone
(as long as they're not concentrated in some other system).

So if a shaman wanted to give a present to an (unconcentrated) theist...?

OK, *IF* that's possible, and my theist has their fetish, can they do that trick of releasing the spirit to use the entire ability rating as a bonus? Could they do it if the shaman helped them?