Re: What useful purpose do the concentrated magic rules serve?

From: Victor Lane <thelhf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:46:50 -0800

Nick Hollingsworth wrote:

>Hmmm. Its bad form to quote yourself; so please forgive me, I try not
>to make a habit of it. But I just said that the concentrated magic
>rules are a mistake and dont achieve anything useful. I expected
>opinion to be divided, with perhaps a rebuffal from some quarters, but
>no one batted an eyelid.
>
>Does that mean its taken as a given, the whole community agrees and is
>already ignoring those rules? Or does everyone lurve the concentrated
>magic rules because they have some purpose that has escaped me and
>assumes that I am posting a troll?

Something important to keep in mind: The magic rules in HQ are designed to represent how magic works in Glorantha. Concentrating magic and the different other worlds are aspects of Glorantha and I think dropping those rules would mean dropping a part of Glorantha.

Of course, Your Glorantha Will Vary and Maximum Game fun apply as well. So if those rules don't fit your Glorantha, do what you want.

--Victor