Re: New players to a campaign

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:20:32 -0600

>From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>

>Not necessarily. There's no reason in HQ why a new
>character has to have comparable abilities to the
>characters that are already there. It's not like DnD
>where a low level character can't adventure with
>higher level ones.
>
>HQ seems quite capable of handling characters with
>widely differing abilities played by different people
>and getting stuck into the same contests.

It seemed to me (and she can correct me if I'm wrong) that she was simply saying that the option should be left open. That players should start at whatever level of ability makes sense to them, not only at starting level. Sure, if they want to play a "starting" character with a bunch of experienced ones, then let them do that. But if they want to be equals it seems that there's no reason not to do that either.

Mike