RE: Re: New Truths, Concentration and New Feats

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:48:33 -0000

> One relatively easy way to discover magic that is not from
> your god is pursuant to a heroquest challenge on a heroquest.

Of course! Silly me. I knew I must be missing a point somewhere.

> For instance, one of my players obtained a pretty powerful
> (but pretty limited in its applications) feat on the
> Stormwalk Path heroquest. Another player obtained control
> over a pretty powerful mountain gale (which he discovered was
> an aspect of his own breath) on the same quest.

Though... What quest were they doing? I can see that you can "capture" magic from other beings on a HQ, but surely this would usualy be magic that your deity captured during the myth you're following? The Sandals of Darkness, and so on. ZZ getting Fire powers. Magic that your deity already has, even if it wasn't originally theirs.

Unless you're doing experimental HQing, of course. And presumably that's the answer?