Re: One session per season...

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:28:53 -0000

BTW, like Ian's campaign, I have a players book describing the clan, its history, local geography, etc. All the players have plenty of relationships to various local personages and much of the game involves tribal and intratribal politics (oddly enough, they don't politick that much within their clan - their clan is pretty stable as of 1613).

Another thing is that my group are all but one initiates or devotees of either Orlanth or Ernalda (the sole exception is an Elmal-Redalda follower that everyone assumes is a Vingan). As, all but one character belongs to the same bloodline, and all but two characters aresiblinbs, cousins or first cousins. Blood is thicker than water.

> I don't understand what you're saying here. AFAIR, we
> did about 2 days of action. How can that take most of
> sea season? Characters don't just stop mid-adventure
> and say "sorry, got to go and do a week's ploughing,
> I'm sure the Evil Villain will wait till I get back."
> Do they? Two days action lasts two days. Leaving all
> the rest of the season unaccounted for.

Actually, my players were horrified that the events related Starbrow's Rebellion dragged them away from their ploughs for nearly the entirety of Sea Season. As a result, work wasn't done to get their fields ready and they are pretty sure that they are going to get a bad harvest. They've even recruited a score of cottars to work on their stead under the management of one of the players' wife.

Things of course will change - but that's the purpose of the campaign arc.

Jeff