Re: One session per season...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:34:02 -0800

> >If the player
> >says that during the down-time he is looking for training in XYZ ability,
> >then that, too, should be counted at the "normal" rate - maybe make him
> >roll
> >to see if he finds/convinces someone to teach him the ability.
>
> Which is still limiting. The player can only reasonably claim to have the
> character do so much during these periods. I mean, if he's not at the Farm
> during the downtime (stuck for the winter in Boldhome), then, no, no
> farming. Or if he leaves the farm to go learn to swing a sword at some far
> Humakti temple, then he has to pay double for farming.

There's actually still land to farm inside the walls of Boldhome... But yes, the Single/Double cost should be related to the game - under normal circumstances a farmer farms, but if the game is set in the middle of the Pamaltelan Deserts, then no, farming is probably *not* a reasonable "Single-cost" purchase.

> >The Double-Cost is really for things that come out of nowhere - "I want
> >buy "Belch Acid 13"...
>
> To which the proper in-character response to it's first in-game use is,
> "Orlanth's Balls! I had no idea. Where did you learn to do that?"

Actually, to a Heortling, the first response to "Belch Acid" is "Oh Orlanth, Oddi's gone chaotic!" If Oddi is *lucky*, there will be an Uroxi nearby with Sense Chaos to say "No he ain't". (Truely Unlucky Oddi would get an Uroxi who rolls badly on Sense Chaos, or one so paranoid that he'll figure that Oddi *also* has "Hide Chaos Taint"...).

RR
- Richelieu