Economic abilites (was Saga system)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:19:40 -0000

--Jeff
"It really depends on what I want out the players. Am I concerned that their "economic abilities" are subpar? Then maybe I give out 4 directed HP and 3 regular HP for the session. Do I want a small gradual improvement? I give out 1 or 2 directed HP and 2 regular HP for the session. Do I want to keep the status quo? Maybe I give out 2 regular HP. It just depends on how I want to pace the game."

I think we are on similar tracks here.

Out of interest I couple economic abilites to wealth. Once a year (using Sacred Time as bookeeping) you roll to increase your wealth in a Manage Stead contest. Then you pay your dues on taxes to the clan, Lunars, and interest on cattle loans.

IMG wealth is vital for influence. Heortling have a gifting culture. Want to influence someone then gift them. Buy thier loyalty, grant them a cattle loan (or take one yourself).

As yet the Lunars are not taxing (1605 and I assume they have not organized it yet). But when they do I expect the heroes to find it increasingly hard to avoid losing wealth. Of course service to the Empire may lower the tax burden resulting in greater wealth to influcene others.

In addition to saga increases I am giving out 3 directed points to relationships to represent off-screen influences.