Re: Agamori and Lodril

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:37:26 +0800

At 1:23 PM +1300 20/1/05, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>At 11:41 PM 1/19/05 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Back in Borderlands the Agamori were written up as being made by
>>Eurmal and Lodril (primarily the later). Is this still a current
>>view?
>
>Lodril is Balumbasta and the standard Agimori creation myth is
>described in Missing Lands and Revealed Mythologies. To put
>it simply the other gods participating in the creation are: Cronisper
>(Sky), Pamalt (Spirit), Yanmorla (Clay), Kendamalar (Sun) and
>Nyanka (Water).

        But (while all this is correct enough) the question was less about the Agimori people generally, but specifically the Praxian Men and a Half, who were initially a distinct group with different practices within Pamaltela, but have now been in Prax with no (or virtually no) contact with their original culture for centuries.

        They are very different - from Borderlands its clear that they are effectively slightly superhuman as a result of some sort of invocation to 'Lodril' ritual that is a significant deviation from the normal Pamaltelan practice. I suspect they probably had distinct tribal practices when they were in Pamaltela too (and followers that tradition probably remain there, admittedly a minority tradition now with centuries of deviation from the Praxian version). Treating them as general animists, whose tradition includes some sort of relationship with Balumbasta (which the Lunars at least will readily identify with Lodril), is fair enough. And the Men and a Half Keyword gives you Tall, Strong, and Prefers Heat or similar.

	Cheers
		David