Player imbalance

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:19:00 -0000

Rob:

> You should have been at the game I ran at a con saturday.

I tried, I really did, but at the time you started playing, I was still in work :(

> Had a real arse playing, who moaned that when he played in a
> HQ game before someones sidekick was better at fighting than
> his character. He said that all pc's should have roughly the
> same abilities across the board.
>
> I had the guy in two of my con games, both times he picked
> the best fighter. Never again. A lost cause that guy.

Oh dear. He thinks fighting ability = power?

Even assuming power is what you want, how mistaken can you get?

I really wish I'd been there, now. After the first game, we could have come up with a non-combat PC to tie him in knots with. Start with a mastery in "smile seductively" and go on from there, perhaps. Or some Ernaldan matron with "bully warriors". Or some kid with a pointy stick and enough personality traits and common magic to get a mastery or so in augments. Oh, it would have been fun.