RE: is there a magic rules synopsis anywhere?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:24:12 -0600

>From: Martin Crim <martincrim_at_...>

Didn't see an explanation for this yet. The rationale that I've seen has to do with the source of said charms. The spirits in tradition charms are stuck in the Spirit World. Those in common magic charms are free in the mundane world. Things in the otherworlds just don't change on their own. Things in the mundane world do.

You can heroquest to increase the ability of a charm (I believe). That's using your ability as a mundane being to change things in the otherworld. So go there, teach the spirit some new tricks, and then come home to an improved charm.

Mike