Re: How good are your followers

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:46:52 -0800 (PST)

Augmenting is the less risky method, with a lower payout. If your Voice Thane augments you with Loud Distracting Shout At Enemy while your opponent is calling orders, why should they ever "die off"? Do many fans get removed from football matches (whichever rules you want) suffering injuries because their team lost? OTOH, augmenting followers can be separately engaged by the enemy, which will probably turn off their contributions to their hero. (insert favorite football hooligan story here).

> One of my players has 6 followers and this is becoming
> a bit of a problem.
>
> The other issue comes down to what happens when the player
> uses a power that his followers dont have. For eg the player
> uses a special jumping magic to leap from one side of a cavern
> to the other side. Do his followers all jump with him?
> Are they assumed to have all the powers of the player? Or are
> they left behind.

Do all the followers of a Humakti Devotee have his Death Glance? I would hardly think so, so why should an Orlanthi's all have his Jumping Magic? Either hero shuttles followers across, one at a time while holding hands, or the Jump magic should be diminished by the multiple target and range penalties (a platoon's worth of followers takes up a lot of space, after all).

Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail