Re: Re: Vinga Dar magic?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:58:50 +0000

Rob wrote:
> not the same thing Ash. What we are talking of here is a woman
> being the chieftan full time, not a caretaker. We currently have
> no published solution.
>
> The solution is to create A Vinga Dar proper, not just
> give her the Dar subcult, because thats been found wanting.
> Been found seriously wanting.

There is another solution. We could accept that Vingans do not make good Chiefs. Now, before the massed Vingan-philes, and Jane in particular, flame me, consider for a while.

Do we have any evidence that Kallyr was a good Chief? A great resistance leader celebrated in song; but fighting a guerilla war and leading a clan are different.

I've already drawn comparison with Winston Churchill. In a recent poll he was voted one fo the greatest Britons of all time, yet he lost the election immediately after WW2. It could be said that the British public did not think he was a good Prime Minister. Yet in other ways they clearly thought the opposite.

The All Father and All Mother aspects of Orlanth and Ernalda are not so appealing as RPG characters, but they probable;y account for most of the Clan members. Perhaps our preferences as players do not correspond to those of Heortlings? Perhaps good female Chiefs are always Ernaldans and good male Chiefs are always Orlanthi.