Re: Variable Augments

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:12:38 -0000

David: It happened most recently in the epic battle against the evil Vadeli pirates that you ran last session (and whose log I posted on Heroquest-RPG). Warechan the canoe hunter decided to lean out for some close-range bow shots to help Jozarn, who's a much better archer. So I rolled for a +5 augment versus the usual +3 automatic augment, and used a hero point to bump the roll. I think you missed it because Jozarn's player rolled the resistance for me. Sorry -- I should have made clearer what I was doing.

This was the kind of situation where I think variable augments make sense: A less capable character takes some additional risk to help out in a critical situation.

Rob