Re: Augment others

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:01:16 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry to bother people on the list that weren't involved in this particular game:

The trouble is that the scenario was written (at least I got this from it, Neil's reading was so obviously different by what had happened) in such a way that the baboons were going to pull that sort of stunt (mass augments). As long as they pulled together any duck that went anywhere near them was going to have some feathers pulled. They're entire raison de etre was working together.

However, had the ducks hung back they could have skirmished away to their hearts content and sent the baboons packing. That'll teach me to not discuss what I thought was going to happen with Neil before the game. It was a bit of a surprise to me as a GM to see the ducks behaving in a coordinated way, hence the general fucked upedness of the whole chunk of the game.

In hindsight: Sod what the scenario said, we should have made the whole encounter an extended contest - OR, we should have binned using HQ for that chunk of the game and used something else.

Just shows that when you use the wrong tools for the job it ends up botched.

Cheers,

Ash