Re: mounted combat

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:29:35 -0700

Jeff:

> most cavalry types have a Ride skill that acts as a maximum or
> governor for how much of their ground-trained and based combat they can
> use.

That's a rule from RuneQuest, but I don't remember seeing it in Hero Wars.

> I just don't like the similarity between Ability and Affinity. They are
> just too close for my comfort and ease. One or the other, but not both.

Well, they're really the same thing... An affinity is a magical ability.

Andy:

> Maybe all Praxian horses count as followers who can lend AP to Praxians.

That's a pretty sacriligious statement, given that Praxians hate horses :-) Realizing you meant to write "mount," I still don't think *every* mount is worthy of followerhood -- and even a follower could only provide AP in certain situations.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein