Vogarth The Strong Man

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:11:30 -0000

Hi all

I was having a thumb through Storm Tribe and once again stumbled on Vogarth. I think that a follower of Vogarth would be a fun character to play, but of course gains no magic.

Now, I imagine that you have this Orlanthi lad, big, slow and strong but with a good heart. He takes his Orlanth initiation as normal but doesn't proceed to a sub cult because non fit. He is not smart enough for some, and others like Destor don't feel right, because the lad is soft and kind hearted, not rough and ready, and makes an easy target for some of his peers. Then one day a skald comes wondering in and regales the clan with tales of the Orlanthi heroes of old. He hears the stories of Vogarth and, be it the magic of the Skald's prose or the inner pull that folk feel toward a deity/spirit or entity he feels a powerful inclination to find out more. Everyone thinks he is stupid because everyone knows you cannot get magic from Vogarth, but he still has his talents mum and dad and old Uncle Vardic taught him, and the affinities he got on his intiation.

Question:

Once he gets to the required level in slow witted and strong he can THEN devote and learn the secret. Until that time he keeps his magic from Orlanth and common magic doesn't he, as there is no conflict of interest?

As an aside, I take the following of Vogarth's virtues and sacrafices are what enables him to increase his strength to herculean proportions yes? As a narrator I would be reluctant to allow a human to increase his strength to more than 5M without a special reason, seeing as a dark troll has a strength of 1M. Thoughts?

Regards
Rob