Re: Releasing Spirits from Fetishes

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:08:50 -0600

>From: Lightcastle <light_castle_at_...>
>
>Does that have to do with the fact that the ability to bid large more than
>compensates for AP differences?

Sorta.

Well, let me take it back. Really it all depends on circumstances. In many cases the AP choice is decidedly superior. It depends on what the size of the pool is, and how close the TNs are, and if the APs actually put you ahead of your opponent's total...lots of things. Trading in a +30 AP for a +3 makes much more sense for example if the primary abilities are 10W2, than if they're 17.

In close contests, however, better die roll results allow bumping to often decidedly winning results (or not having to bump at all). So if you're going up against an opponent without HP, augmenting can be big. Also if the augments are large enough, then they're definitely an advantage. That is, turning in a +1000 AP for a +100 augment against otherwise equal odds assures victory 100%, to show the extreme case. So if you've got 50 men at your back, have them augment, not lend! ;-)

Of course at that point you should be using the mass rules...but you get my meaning.

Mike