Re: Re: After Demo Dust Settles

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:18:13 +0100

On Wed, 31 May 2000 22:57:09 +0100, Michael Cule <mikec_at_...> wrote:

>All right, next confusing question. We have a Healer with a Self Defense
>skill. We have a nasty evil Badguy with a spear who attacks the Healer
>and her friends. They engage in an Extended Contest. At the end the
>Healer has won. How has she triumphed over the Badguy? Since the Badguy
>isn't actually hurt at all at the end of the contest can he go off and
>attack the Healer's friends despite being 'defeated'?

Depends on your visualisation of the Self Defence skill (Feat, affinity, ability, whatever). If it's a magical wall, maybe he beat himself unconscious on it. If it's aikido, he hit the ground too often. If it's a sort of air-cushion magic effect, maybe he just exhausted himself. If he hit the healer, but just couldn't hurt them, maybe he's demoralised, and a bit worried what offensive ability they might have... He could attack the others assuming he gets time to get his breath back.

Wulf