Re: Fighting with ghosts

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:53:34 +0000 (GMT)

> They are the three ghosts in the Rainbow Mounds, and
> have a single intention:
> to turn any intruders into rock lizards.

Oh, those ones! Yes, that was the first lot of HW ghosts I encountered as a GM, too. I was a little puzzled at the time that they'd been dropped in the scenario with no means of dealing with them provided.

What I did, and I have no idea if it will help you, was modify one of the random items of cheap loot found lying around. There was a broken sword-hilt. A dead sword, in other words. On closer inspection, dead as in it has no physical effect but is pretty good at hitting dead things...

Mind you, running the rest of the scenario with two PCs as rock lizards, communicating with the others by Gromit-style sign language and expressions, was fun.