Re: Healers in Swenstown

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:39:51 +0100 (BST)

> If I were running the game, my answer would be "long
> enough so when
> the enemy shows up with overwhelming force, the
> players have to chose
> between fighting and very possibly losing or running
> away, but leaving
> afew injured warriors who couldn't be moved."

Yep. Drama, that's the thing.

> For an actual amount of time, I would say a week,
> but it's going to cost a lot of cows.

I'd add that the time will vary with patient, and with healer, and with what they each "rolled" (you won't be actually rolling, but assume an even spread of luck from good to bad).

Page 82 is what you need. Look at that table. Being a healer does not promise success, even if the resistance is 14. If the (major healing) magic has any level of victory, healing is instant and complete. If it fails, you're back to natural healing, at the times given, even with nursing and care.

Personally I dislike the "all or nothing" healing, I'd prefer an option of "back from death's door but will take time for a full recovery" - a magical move from "dying" to "injured" that makes natural healing possible, say. That's what "minor" magical healing does, it's "major" that is all-or-nothing.

Of course, the length of time it takes to "cast" the spell is unspecified. Maybe it's a week-long ritual?

Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com