Re: More on augments...

From: Doyce Testerman <doyce.testerman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:42:07 -0600

> I'm afraid "Dogs in the Vineyard" dented my enthusiasm
> for the crunchier (i.e. the mental arithmetic) aspects
> of HQ and I've been looking for a way of making
> ability use "all or nothing" in HQ for a while.

This is really fun and funny to me, as the players from my HQ games recently got going on a new Dogs game, and their feedback was "it's cool that while it uses Conflict Resolution, it doesn't feel like it's all or nothing on this one roll" -- so much so that I'm actually noodling on the Forge HQ and my blog on how to incorporate (into HQ) the way Dogs' conflict-resolution breaks a conflict into smaller slices, while still ostensibly using a 'single die pool' resolution.

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=21630.0