RE: The 15 minutes War

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:59:07 -0500

>From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
>
>No, I meant 15' in real life.
>5' for adding APs, getting augments. And then 10' of wildly describing and
>spending APs and killing lots of imaginary people.
>
>To be compared to an entire afternoon for a meager fight against 7 broos on
>RuneQuest.

Ah! Yep. I'm running one PBEM game (on hiatus right now, actually) that's about two players commanding armies in a war between their respective nations. And yes, it's a boon that I can resolve action in any size chunks that I like. Sometimes I do battles in detail, and other times they'll only hear of some action that happened afar. The way the system is set up, I'm not bound to some set timeframe, and this means that I can get a lot resolved in short order if/when I need to.

Meaning that the whole war will actually get finished in play. The game was originally in Rolemaster, and even using their mass combat rules, it was going to take eons to figure it all out.

Mike