Re: powerful augments

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:15:48 -0000

Hi

> Mind you, I think the rules imply
> practicioners have some ability to do deal with spirits known to the
> tradition even if they aren't friendly parts of the practice.
>
> It's the completely unknown spirits that you really need a Shaman to
> deal with.

I like to think of it that the Practitioner can do most of the things that the shaman can do in themundaneplane. What the Practitioner lacks for travelling the spirit world is shamanic escape. This is vital when the shaman comes into contact with a malevolent otherworld spirit of sufficient magnitude to swallow the poor old shamans soul. The spirit world is not somewhere to go without plan b!!!

So in my game the practitioner could actually see the herobands guardian (an ernaldan spirit called Mykka) most of the time, and they would often chat apparently! This relationship lead us to some interesting stories.

Have any other groups had such a personal relationship with their guardian?

Regards
Rob