Re: Magic of the Lunar Imperial University

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:47:58 -0700

> What grimoires do they use? I figure they have a basic grimoire that
> matches up well with the Abiding Book, and each pathway has a
> grimoire. Is there a third grimoire? Based on the school perhaps (or
> is the ony, wizardly difference between the Schools their location?)?
> Or maybe one focusing on military magic?

The IU is not set up in imitation of a "Sorcerous" Church or Institution, and does not use Grimoires (outside of the various Immortals who provide Lunar-Sorcery, of course). While the university Chain is "like" the sorcerous Chain of Veneration, it is actually based on the purely Lunar Chain of Reverance. Students at IU worship a variety of Lunar Immortals - each pathway will have its "preferred" Immortals of course. But Player heroes being Player Heroes, I'm sure someone in hearths worships Chaghatishi Moon Bow, And someone in Security is an Irripi ontor Pen Pusher.

> ILH-2 mentions that the Field Schools have access to affinities,
> spirits, demons, etc. Is that through misapplied worship, or an
> aspect of concentrating their magic on the Moon? Maybe non-wizard
> adjuncts?

It is Lunar magic, and not misapplied.

RR