Using Practise Spirits to attack

From: sarahnewton111 <sarah.newton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:32:35 -0000

Hi all,

Me again - with another "how do I do this?" question!

I'm trying to create a nasty broo shaman of Malia as the boss of a broo gang to plague my game with. I have this vision in my mind of the shaman hanging back and sending in his various disease spirits (and other nasties) to attack the PCs whilst cackling fiendishly in the background.

Question: can I do this with the rules as written? I've been reading through the practise spirit and spirit allies sections, and as far as I can see the rules don't seem to say I can release a practise spirit and then command it to go and attack someone whilst I do something else.

I read one of Rory's emails where he talked about using spirits as "summoned monsters". He called this a 'variant'.

Can anyone confirm whether this is something the rules let you do? I'm inclined not to houserule - I'd like to use the rules as written, but am not clear on this point.

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice (as ever!),

Sarah