Re: Character Generation - Why bother with Guidelines?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:56:13 -0600

>From: "Roderick Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
>
>Well, there *are* people who ask "Is it okay to..." when the only
>reasonable
>answer is "heck yeah".

I think this question boils down to either, "Is it within the rules as written to..." or "will it work to..." There may be exceptions, but I haven't seen a likely one in a while. Not on this list.

>This whole blather about modifying the Chargen rules has (to me) been a
>long
>series of "But the rules say" and then justifying changes to them - it
>feels
>like a person who feels just a *leetle* guilty and needs to talk themselves
>into it.

Or maybe there are other reasons. I stick to the rules as closely as I can, when I can. But not because I feel guilty about changing them when I do. I can't speak for other people, but I'm not seeing anyone hiding behind the rules or anything.

Mike

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series. �Who will win? http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001