Re: Character Generation

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:48:12 -0000

My point is that Hero Points allow one to punch a bit above their weight. In my campaign the players became known as serious trouble shooters due to cunning on their part, good die rolls and a judicious use of hero points.

Also, in the real world we see people doing a manaegment job and we immediately think they must have 2 masteries in measuring, painting or admin. I am merely arguing that life and games are not as cut and dried as that.

Also, fighting exploits (depending on your preferred genre) are rather like conkers. If you beat someone who is a decent warrior, then you are better than him, even if he was your second fight and you may have won more through luck (lucky die roll/ Hero Point?) than ability.

Regards
Rob