Re: Re: Character Generation

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:54:13 +0000 (GMT)

> Also, in the real world we see people doing a
> manaegment job and we
> immediately think they must have 2 masteries in
> measuring, painting or admin.

We do?

> Also, fighting exploits (depending on your preferred
> genre) are
> rather like conkers. If you beat someone who is a
> decent warrior,
> then you are better than him, even if he was your
> second fight and
> you may have won more through luck (lucky die roll/
> Hero Point?) than ability.

Sure. And that gets you an ability such as "undeserved reputation as a fighter among X clan" - the time it's happened, I started the ability at the same level as the combat ability of the person they'd defeated. It's causing all sorts of trouble!

But the people who you train alongside every day won't be fooled. In fact, nor will half the people watching the original fight.