Re: Character Generation

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:59:53 -0000

They were abilities that were meant to describe three different professions, not the skill set of the average programming manager!! lol

> > Also, fighting exploits (depending on your preferred
> > genre) are
> > rather like conkers. If you beat someone who is a
> > decent warrior,
> > then you are better than him, even if he was your
> > second fight and
> > you may have won more through luck (lucky die roll/
> > Hero Point?) than ability.
>
> Sure. And that gets you an ability such as "undeserved
> reputation as a fighter among X clan" - the time it's
> happened, I started the ability at the same level as
> the combat ability of the person they'd defeated. It's
> causing all sorts of trouble!

Thats interesting. I would have used the same logic as you in that situation. What is the problem with that solution??

> But the people who you train alongside every day won't
> be fooled. In fact, nor will half the people watching
> the original fight.

I spent years training at martial arts and fighting full contact in competitions and I happen to disagree with your assesment. However, the point is really aesthetic and a personal interpretation of the rules so no point in debating it further. Maybe over a pint at the next convention?

Regards
Rob