Re:Pagan vs. Heathen

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:10:57 +0000

Ra�l:

> "heathen" is synonimous of "pagan", but as term of game "heathen" is
> different from "pagan"? i.e. can Overcome Pagan Magic be used against
> theism or animism magic indistinctly without improvisation modifier?
> Is "Pagan" related always to Theism? and "Heathen" to Animism?

I believe that's the general intent, yes. Pagans worship false gods (theism), heathens practice evil spirit magic (animism). Also, in Heroes of Malkion, I refer to non-Malkioni users of wizardry/sorcery magic as 'infidels'.

> Also I have noticed that The Abiding Book and most of churchs, orders
> and schools don't offer protection (blessings or spells) against
> wizardry (except "Resist Sorcery", but it's very specific against
> Sorcerers; no liturgists, ordenates or wizards)

There are some orders etc. in Heroes of Malkion that have spells such as 'Protect Against Heretical Magic', that do have this effect. There's generally not much need to protect against people from your own sect, since they shouldn't be attacking you if you've behaved yourself. After all, we're not Orlanthi, you know...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic