Re: Benefits of Illumination

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:37:41 -0000

In the case of an Illuminate, they wouldn't know because they rceive nothing anyway. Illuminates don't have a relationship of any kind with any god. They are past all that.

> > The whole problem I have with this approach is that it relies on a
> > limitation on the way that the illuminate relates to a deity when I
> > thought that it was precisely such limitations that they transcended.
>
> As I've tried to explain, it doesn't. That 60% requirement is there to
> "handwave" all the small stuff that worship requires.

Worship by non-illuminates yes, but Illuminates can see beyond all the 'small stuff'.

>If you do it "wrong", you are
> not worshipping your god, you're just doing a job - and that doesn't
count
> towards your 60%. Performing the rituals for one god doesn't help
another
> god.

But illuminates don't help any god. Gods are irrelevant to them, because they are awakened mystic beings in their own right.

Simon Hibbs