Re: Re: Benefits of Illumination

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:30:05 -0800

> However there isn't a clear line in the sand (not clear to me anyway)
> between what has been said before and what the current state of
> affairs is. Sevening and Lunar mysticism is now a lot clearer thanks
> to ILH2, but Nysalorian Illumination is a grey area now, at least to
> me. Which publications, article and such can we refer to now for
> authoritative info on this? Or are there any plans to put together
> more authoritative information?

Dunno what, if anything, will be done with Nysaloran Illumination. ILH2 is appropriate and canonical for *Lunar* illumination.

> I'm not whingeing, and I don't intend to come across as doing so. A
> more and better thought out, and more interesting take on Illumination
> would be very welcome.

Lunar Illuminations is not Nysaloran Illumination (even though they both use the "I" word). As stated in ILH2 (Nysalor writeup, page 84) , Nysaloran Illumination is (according to the Lunars) like modern "Neo-paganism": made up from bits and pieces of scraps of half-remembered myths. When Greg and I were working on Lunar illumination we agreed that Nysaloran Illumination was Occluded (according to the ILH2 definition).

The Lunar Illumination as described in ILH2 is *not* intended to be a representation of Nysaloran Illumination as presented in earlier RQ books (CoT and Dorastor, iirc).

RR