Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:36:42 -0000

> Or is your problem that you just want to express Hulk and Thor and
The Thing
> or whatever the names of you favorite superheroes are, in game terms ?
> I dont know why you would want such a thing.
> Because you want to let players be able to play one of them in your
game and
> pit them against each other ?

No; its that we want to tell a story that resembles the kind of stories that one sees in comics featuring characters of this type. Your suggestion simply won't allow us to tell the sort of stories we want (it would, as I pointed out, allow us to tell a Godzilla-type story without difficulty, but that's not the story we want to tell).

> I think the problem you lot seem to have is that you are very
obsessed with
> simulating.

I kind of suspect that if you feel Bruce Ferrie is an arch-simulationist, that there's got to be something about our stories that you're just not grokking here :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic