Re: Re: Weaseling

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:54:43 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
>
> > A ferret is known to be small enough that a madman
> or
> > a Northerner can put one down his (not normally
> "her")
> > trousers.
>
> That's neurtherners for you.

That's a very nice word - thank you for inventing it.

> > I dread to think what Mike was using. Vorpal
> Ferret of Doom?
>
> He was using Rolemaster's combat tables which have
> open-ended d100
> rolls. And a ferret. i.e. roll 98 and roll again to
> add the two
> numbers. More than once is possible too, from
> memory.

Yes, I have vague memories of having once done that. Three or four in a row, IIRC. Ranger with a longbow, at a flying target about 6 inches high and nearly a mile away. Splat. Did quite nasty things to the GM's plot, but I didn't care. That ranger was last seen abandoned somewhere with a broken back, having been viciously attacked by a kobold or something that got a similar roll.

> Enough of that
> and you get a TPK. With a ferret. Or a barmaid.

Yes... I'll stick to HQ, I think.

> You'll have to ask him if he ever put the ferret
> down his trousers.

No, I won't ask. There's always the danger that he might answer.