RE: The fundamental that actually frustrates me with the HQ system

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:06:34 +0100

> In other words, an augment actually matters less when your
> scores are close than when they are far apart.
>
> Somehow that just doesn't feel right for the source material.
>
> Unfortunately I don't actually have a solution for it. So it
> is pretty much, anyone have any thoughts?
Apart from saying that was a Hero Point spend you are right. In an extended contest the small augments individually don't make much of a difference.
The only way I could see that the "Augment" could make a significant difference involves bending the rules a bit. So use a simple contest and if the results are not what you wanted use what was the Augment as the excuse for having a second simple contest. In other words have a chain of simple contests as long as the players can keep brings something new to the contest.

"But I am right handed as well"
"You killed my father"
"No one expects the Inquisition"
"I swing from the chandeliers"

Etc.

Andy

IMPORTANT NOTICE. This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and may be privileged and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender. We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at www.DoosanBabcock.com