Re: The fundamental that actually frustrates me with the HQ system

From: Lists <lists_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:08:34 +0200

Andy,

What?

Regards,

Philip

> In other words, an augment actually matters less when your
> scores are close than when they are far apart.
>
> Somehow that just doesn't feel right for the source material.
>
> Unfortunately I don't actually have a solution for it. So it
> is pretty much, anyone have any thoughts?
Apart from saying that was a Hero Point spend you are right. In an extended contest the small augments individually don't make much of a difference.
The only way I could see that the "Augment" could make a significant difference involves bending the rules a bit. So use a simple contest and if the results are not what you wanted use what was the Augment as the excuse for having a second simple contest. In other words have a chain of simple contests as long as the players can keep brings something new to the contest.

"But I am right handed as well"
"You killed my father"
"No one expects the Inquisition"
"I swing from the chandeliers"