Re: Re: HeroQuest for Supers...

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 04:00:42 EDT

In einer eMail vom 31.03.2007 09:48:57 Westeuropäische Sommerzeit schreibt robert_m_davis_at_...:

> I guess in the end my desire to play the supers genre includes an
> aspect of mechanically DIFFERENT abilities, so that is indicative that
> HQ perhaps doesn't work for me for this genre. I would certainly be
> very interested to hear from anyone who is using HQ for Supers; I am
> not by any means suggesting that it's "wrong" to do so, just that for
> me (and my players) it doesn't quite seem to do what I want it to do.
> --
> GAZZA
I said that already, but im going to say it again. What you will maybe like is "Spirit of the century". Its based on FATE and is very similar to HQ but has a lot more crunchy-gamism parts.
Choosing abilities is similar.
The contest system is very similar and it has a very interesting mechanic called aspects. Aspects are what the character is about, basically everything thats not a skill. You can use aspects in the game when you spend a Fate point, the currency of the game, very similar to heropoints. Th GM can compel an aspect, which basically means you earn a fate point but also gain some trouble related to your aspect.