Re: QW - apparently arbitrary rules

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:51:23 -0700

Rob

>the stuff that Greg is responsible for like edges and handicaps

Actually, my recollection is that these were created by Robin, in part at our urging. The idea was that something like a troll or giant needed to be a fearsome opponent. Just making large bets didn't give the right impression, since the troll would then lose just as much AP as you did (assuming equal ability). The edge concept meant that the troll's blows would be punishing, while yours relatively ineffective.

I'm not sure the final implementation was per Robin, and I don't think they should be applied on a routine basis, like to weapons.

--

David Dunham