RE: Mass effort rules?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:52:42 -0500

>From: "Bryan" <bethexton_at_...>
>
>Is anyone using the mass effort rules? If so, how well do they work
>for you? (just curious. They look interesting, but I've not really
>seen discussion of them).

I have one game which is a military campaign, and, as such, the vast majority of contests are the two PC generals trying to outmaneuver each other, etc. Generally I think of units as "followers." That is, they have stats like "Well Disciplined 5W" etc. These abilities augment a general's ability to use them as a tool to win battles.

Size is handled very simply. It uses an extension of the Multiple Attackers rule. That is, for every multiple you're up against of your own numbers, you get a -3. So if the unit of men in question is 300 dudes, and they're facing 2000, that's 5 full multiples that the opponent as on them, and they're -15.

Seems to have worked pretty well so far. Not too different than your liturgist idea, I'd just give the "community" a general piety stat. And then let any significant individuals augment as well.

Mike

MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.� Enter to win today. http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline