Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:59:43 -0400

I pretty much agree with Ashley here. It's a single contest. Now, in the case of extended, you do have to make the decision about whether or not rolls affect the mechanical advantages and situational modifiers or not.

In other words, if the horsemen get a success on something like "We'll run away then come back around from the right flank" is that just an AP shift, is it an AP shift and a situational modifier for surprise or position, or is it both?

(I have personally ended up leaning towards you either get the AP shift or you get to mess with the abilities/situational modifiers, but not both for one.)

LC

On April 28, 2007 08:58 am, Ashley Munday wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It sounds like you're mixing up means and ends. Both
> sides have the same goal: "Kill 'em all," it's just
> the means that's different. Personally I'd do it as
> one contest, either extended or simple, take yer pick.

<lots of snippage>