Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?)

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:30:00 +1000

On 27/07/07, L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...> wrote:
> Then to me that means in your games, it is almost always dramatically
> appropriate. I just find it annoying to have to figure out if someone's
> lockpicks are +1 or +5 when I can just assume she has appropriate lockpicks.

Well, I can only really talk about my games, can't I? I am not in any games that I am not in afterall.

I assume that "appropriate" tools are +3, which might be a rule of sorts too. I actually also use equipment degradation as balance to "marginal success" rolls - i.e. you pick the lock on the cupboard containing the finance wizard's books but you damage your picks in the process...

--
John Machin