Re: How do you handle one-off blessings

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:01:09 -0000

I'd handle it as a variable augment attempt, performed like a ritual.

On the negative side, if you didn't have the right sort of priest you'd have a penalty on using 'worship storm tribe' or equivalent. If asking for a large group, also a penalty.

There could be penalties or bonusses for the appropriatness of the day of the ceremony and of the sacrifices.

On the plus side, you could have community support, as well as normal augments to the prayer ability used.

I know that there were special ritual/ceremony rules, but I'm not sure that such special rules are required.

If it were not an augment--we are outright asking Heler to make it rain--then I think you are asking for divine intervention, which does have existing rules in HQ, I think.

Regards;

-Bryan