Re: How do you handle one-off blessings

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:23:46 -0500

Wouldn't it be much like the Finovan's blessing before sheep stealing? Or the "Girding of Orlanth" or whatever it is, before an HQ? Some kind of ritual bonus that gives a known augment for something? (I haven't been following WoG, so I am not sure if that is the kind of thing we are talking about.) But that seems a straight augment of some number applicable to the action in question.

(Now, IMG, the kind of thing Gavain is talking about is covered by common magic, since common magic is all magic that requires no trip to the otherworld, and therefore includes common blessings from the other gods in your pantheon.)