Re: 2 handgrenades

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:11:14 -0000

> But how about the second handgrenade ?
> Whats the difference between throwing one handgrenade or two in
> rule terms ?
> Does the character get an auto augment from his *throw handgrenade*
> to the *throw handgrenade* ? (lets say he has throw handgrenade
5M,
> so he gets an auto-augment of +3).
>
> Is there a better way of doing this ?

There are lots of ways of doing it, whether any of them are better may well be a matter of opinion.

If you give the Handgrenades a rating then you can augment the throw handgrenade with the Handgrenades rating, and two grenades would allow you to augment with each one (though probably also with a penalty for a multiple attacks)

eg Handgrenade (Exploding Shrapnel 5W2, Structural damage 5W) so used against soft fleshy targets you get a +5 augment, and against the cave roof you get a +3. Using two grenades doubles the augment. (Numbers entirely made up off the top of my head for the sake of the example. Your Grenades May Vary)

Or you could say that the Grenade has an area of effect - so a single attack can affect multiple targets without taking a penalty. throwing two grenades allows you to increase the area of effect (because you throw one towards the left wall and one towards the right, obviously)

Having given quite a large bonus to one grenade, you might want to apply the law of diminishing returns, and only give half that to the second grenade (the front rank will shield the second rank from the effects of the second grenade going off so quickly). This might encourage the players to only throw one at a time, avoiding the problem