Re: Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: Graham Spearing <graham_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:19:47 +0000

ttrotsky2 wrote:
> And, to be clear on this, many people will agree with Ian. The system
> supports his style of gaming very well, and I think it should be
> praised for what it does.

I completely agree.

> While I can't be sure of all the mechanics, I think it's a fair
> assessment that the narrativist tone that Ian and others find so cool
> will be in the final draft. There have also been pretty clear
> statements about the Book of Sartar, among others, not having numbered
> stats for anything, so we can probably be confident of that much, too.

Fair enough. I am actually going to be OK with no NPC stats in the new books. What I hope there are are lots of evocatively worded 'abilities'. Give me that for flavour and I can do the rest with my own blend.

> Well, I've just paid them my money for a copy, so we'll see :)

I look forward to playing it at a con some time!

Regards

--

Graham

Wordplay: http://www.wordplaygames.co.uk/