Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:40:01 -0000

> > While I can't be sure of all the mechanics, I think it's a fair
> > assessment that the narrativist tone that Ian and others find so cool
> > will be in the final draft. There have also been pretty clear
> > statements about the Book of Sartar, among others, not having numbered
> > stats for anything, so we can probably be confident of that much, too.

There are not going to be any NPC stats in "The Sartar Book" and probably not in Pavis either. There will be plenty of examples of player character stats and major NPCs will be given one or two paragraph descriptions intended to give a broad sketch of the character for the Narrator. We also have a series of linked scenarios that are designed to introduce people to the setting AND to the rules system.

However, given the way that contest difficulty levels are set in HQ2, there is broad agreement within the Moon Design team that NPC stats are not only unnecessary but actually in opposition to the rules.

Hope that helps,

Jeff